Letter to the Editor

I have waited long enough to say it and I’m sure it’s been said, but why can’t such a wealthy school have a decent parking system for its students? We have to move for OUR football games, that we aren’t winning by the way, the campus police give tickets for looking out your window the wrong way, and if you happen to pull up in the parking lot on the wrong day, you will be waiting in line as if you were waiting at a Hollywood party for valet. I wish somone would explain why we have to move OUR cars out of OUR parking lots during OUR home games. On the day of the first game, there was a ridiculous amount of cars being towed. Mind you, this was a game that the students were let into free anyway and SMU lost. I had a peer express that she got a ticket and her car towed for parking in the “wrong spot” and another ticket for being towed to the “wrong spot.” I am starting to wonder if there is any “right spot” to park in.

I know there are efforts being made to resolve this issue, but I, among many of my peers, do hope that these efforts become a little more expedient. Maybe I just haven’t been looking in the right places at the right times, but I have only heard about this problem but haven’t seen it voiced. It will soon be evident if I came to the right place to do so.

About the writer:

Terry Morgan is a first-year student and can be reached at [email protected].