This week at Meadows school

Fall Dance Concert

The Meadows Division of Dance presents the Meadows Dance Ensemble’s pinnacle performance of the fall. This year’s fall dance concert focuses on the works of three renowned African-American choreographers. The concert features three dances: Alvin Ailey’s “The Lark Ascending” and “Las Desenamoradas” by Eleo Pomare and Donald McKayle’s “Songs of the Disinherited” as the finale. The fall dance concert will be performed Nov. 13-16 in the Bob Hope Theatre in the Owen Arts Center. Tickets cost $13 for adults, $10 for senior citizens and $7 for SMU students, faculty and staff. To purchase tickets or for more information call 214-768-2787.

Meadows World Music Ensemble

Directed by Jamal Mohamed, the Meadows World Music Ensemble will perform a free concert in Caruth Auditorium on Nov. 12 at 8 p.m. The ensemble features percussion instruments from Africa, Asia and the Middle East, as well as Western instruments. The concert will feature SMU and UNT faculty member musician Ed Smith. For more information call 214-768-1951.

Comini Lecture Series

Dr. Alessandra Comini, university distinguished professor of art history, presents a lecture entitled, “The Changing Image of Beethoven: A study in Mythmaking.” The lecture will take place on Nov. 13 in the Dr. Bob Smith Auditorium in the Meadows Museum and will follow the composer’s image in paintings, prints, sculptures and more. The lecture is free, but reservations are required. Please call 214-768-2698 for more information, or 214-768-2787 to make reservations.

Rosine Smith Sammons Lecture in Media Ethics

The ninth annual Sammons Lecture will be delivered in Caruth Auditorium by Eugene Robinson, associate editor and columnist for The Washington Post. The lecture, which is presented by the Division of Journalism at the Meadows School of the Arts, will look at connections between politics and culture, and the way trends shape our society, neighborhoods and families. The lecture will start at 8 p.m. on Nov. 13 and is free, but tickets are required. For tickets or more information call 214-768-2787.