In-flight etiquette 101

Get these mother f**kin’ cell phones off this mother f**kin’ plane!

These days it seems the last place anyone can reach you is in space, or for most people, in an airplane.

Foreign airlines are scrambling to be the first to take our in-flight personal time to a whole new height, one in which Wi-Fi will be featured on the menu.

The airlines are ready to offer passengers in-flight calling, SMS, e-mail and Web-surfing capabilities.

This is an air-rage lawsuit waiting to happen. Imagine sitting next to a teenage girl for three hours with the sound of cell phone buttons clicking the entire way. Better yet, picture the middle-aged man who’s hard of hearing and screams into the phone while you quietly try to catch up on the latest episodes of “Weeds” via iTunes.

The idea of listening to people use their phones and PDAs in a confined place for an extended amount of time makes our blood boil.

To hell with road rage: Air rage is the new black.

Just thinking about the fights this will cause makes long road trips appealing.

Are people not satisfied with their laptops and iPods? Are we really that incapable of sitting still for a few hours?

Apparently so.

Airlines in the United States are holding out for as long as possible. In-flight connectivity won’t hit the States until next year, assuming all goes well overseas.

While we’re on the subject of airplane etiquette, let us take a moment and say we completely side with Southwest Airlines’ opinion of the San Diego female student and her inappropriate choice in clothing.

Passenger Kyla Ebbert’s skirt was ridiculously short and other passengers on plane, as well as the flight attendant, were right to be offended.

When the young lady appeared on the “Today” show wearing the same outfit, she had clearly pulled the miniskirt down so that the waist fell just below her hips; still not even close to something a young lady should be wearing in a family-friendly environment – i.e. most public places.

In conclusion folks, dress appropriately for your flight and don’t be the guy who talks at the top of his lungs on the phone in public.

In other words: Be respectful of the people around you.