Not another sex tape

Former ‘Baywatch’ star’s career takes another turn for the worse

In September of this year, Pamela Anderson revealed on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” that she was engaged once again. While the declaration of the marriage itself may not come across as surprising, Anderson’s then fiancé and now husband, Rick Salomon does.

Who is Rick Salomon? Anderson referred to him only as a poker player in her interview with DeGeneres, but his claim to fame lies in his former relationship with Paris Hilton.

In 2003, Salomon and Hilton came under fire for the “accidental” release of a sex tape. The now famous tape helped Hilton’s career rather than hurt it, putting her in the spotlight a week before the debut of her reality show “The Simple Life.” But Anderson’s new life partner isn’t the only one guilty of an illicit video.

After Anderson’s “Baywatch” fame died down in the late 1990s, a sex tape featuring her and former husband Tommy Lee was allegedly stolen from their home. The tape was put on the Internet as well as distributed in adult video stores. Needless to say, the tape put Anderson back in the limelight. Seriously, there are more options to boost one’s career than making a sex tape.

Post-“Baywatch,” Anderson’s career path has mirrored the reception of her 1996 film “Barb Wire,”, which was extremely poor.

Judging by Anderson’s marriage record, she continually ends up with trashy men. From Lee to Kid Rock to Salomon, the actress is sliding down a slippery slope. At this year’s MTV Video Music Awards, Rock and Lee found themselves entangled in a fistfight over a matter regarding Anderson. It gets worse.

Anderson and Salomon were married on Oct. 6 in a Las Vegas chapel in the short timeframe between her two nightly casino appearances. How much trashier can this woman get? The bottom line is: Pamela Anderson Lee Rock Salomon should stop wasting the public’s time.

It seems the newlyweds are two peas in a pod – both are trashy, sex-tape fiends. It’s inevitable the couple will fire up the old video camera and make a new tape. However, it’s probable the two will stay married only long enough for the piece of video trash to find its way onto the Internet and into the hands of seedy adult video executives. The problem is, this time nobody cares. Well, unless it’s in HD.