Mother’s Day gift guide

Show her you care with something special
 Mothers Day gift guide
Mother’s Day gift guide

Mother’s Day gift guide

With Mother’s Day right around the corner, many of you find yourselves dumbfounded when trying to find the perfect gift for that perfect woman in your life.

There are millions of novelty and knick-knack stores located in Dallas, but finding exactly what to buy can be overwhelming and confusing.

The Women’s Auxiliary to Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, along with the Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, has made it possible for you to not only touch the heart of your mother this year, but also contribute to the funding and success of Children’s Medical Center in doing so.

The organization is a group of women who spend their days volunteering and fundraising in order to support “the hospital’s mission to make life better for children.”

Various women have spent the last six years of their lives developing, researching and putting together the best recipe book in town – “The Collection: Cures for the Common Cuisine,” benefiting the Children’s Medical Center.

“The majority of the recipes are easy to follow,” said cookbook co-chairperson and Plano resident Jill Dardick.

Dardick, who is a mother of two, also says that the meals are flavorful and almost too good to be true.

“The Collection,” first published in 2002, benefits the Medical Center directly and all proceeds from the sales go into fulfilling the funding and needs of various Children’s Medical Center venues.

For more information about “The Collection: Cures for the Common Cuisine” cookbook go to www.childrens.com/cookbook, where you can also find purchasing information.

There is also a wide array of options waiting at your fingertips on the Internet.

Here is a list of Web sites with descriptions as to what each site offers for your mom on Mother’s Day.

www.findgift.com: At findgift.com, you will be able to search for anything in particular that you want, from jewelry to candles.

www.starwishing.com: What more could a mother ask for than a very own star named after her? Only costing you a mere $40 to $50.

www.delightfuldeliveries.com: Here you will find a wide array of gourmet foods and gift baskets that you can have tailored to the needs of the recipient.

www.AllMothersDayGifts.com: I am sure you can guess what this site features. From tapestries to bathrobes, you are likely to find something that your mother would like.

www.novelgiftbaskets.com: This site allows you to create basket arrangements of any kind. Baskets are filled with books, chocolates, lotions and more.

www.vermontteddybear.com: At the Vermont Teddy Bear Company you can purchase a pre-designed bear of choice or design one yourself. Prices range from $50 to $80 dollars, include a card and chocolate, and you can have her name monogrammed onto the bear.

www.tastygram.com: At tastygram.com you can design a delivery basket ranging from sweets to a full on two-person lobster feast. You’re sure to find something that hits the spot here.

www.partybanners.com: You guessed it. Design your banner of choice from “I love you Mom” to “Hey Mom, you ROCK!” Prices average $50.

www.ueditvideo.com: Located right here in the DFW area you can cast, design, edit and produce the perfect video for your mom. Just pick what pictures or old video footage you would like to use and lay it down to some sweet, tear-jerking tunes.

www.smuguide.com: Type spa in the smuguide search engine and get a listing of the local spa and massage treatments ranging from $30 dollars to $300.

Other ideas include the Paint Your Pottery store in Dallas where you self design, craft and make ceramic pottery items; the Things Remembered store located in Town East Mall allows you to embroider or engrave just about anything to customize your gift; or if you’re desperate you can never go wrong with perfume. So head over to Sephora in North Park Mall to get some expert advice on what scent suits your mom’s personality.