Alchimie (and me) forever

Fashion with Fischer
 Alchimie (and me) forever
Alchimie (and me) forever

Alchimie (and me) forever

For the past eight years, I have started my mornings with a big cup of coffee and slathering my face with a Walgreen’s purchased moisturizing lotion. My mother has always taught me to slather my face with UV protective lotion. (Because even on the cloudiest of days, you never know how the sun will get to ya.)

But last week, after all these years of buying the cheap stuff and carelessly taking care of my skin, I decided to step it up. And boy am I glad I did.

I have fallen in love with Alchimie Forever. Smelling of sweet summer’s blueberries, rosemary, basil, grape seeds, tomatoes and green tea, you’d think I was going for a picnic. The Swiss developed line of skin care products were designed by Drs. Luigi and Barbara Polla. The husband and wife team began their entrepreneurial business by prepping their skills by becoming world-renowned dermatologists and experts on skin aging and cellular aging. They obviously have one leg up on me.

Forever Laser Institute in Geneva, Switzerland opened in 1997 as the firth fully integrated European medical spa. And in 2000, Alchimie Forever began as an at-home use of the spa products. And in May 2003, the Polla’s eldest daughter, Ada, launched Alchimie Forever LLC in the United States.

Meant to sell at high-end cosmetic dermatology offices and medical spas, Alchimie Forever LLC is now sold in Washington D.C. and New York City, as well as online at www.alchimie-forever.com. But a recent deal with Stanley Korshak in Dallas will have these amazing products right around the corner from you.

So what, you ask? What’s wrong with cheaply purchased face moisturizers or even department store’s Estee Lauder creams? Well nothing until you try Alchimie Forever. I’m telling you the 13 total products will leave your skin feeling toned, moisturized, energized, renewed, protected and certainly smoothed. And it’s not just for girls — three of the products are for men, so don’t be afraid to get your face feeling smooth.

So how did I find out about the hidden Swiss secret? Recent SMU alumnus Catherine Littlefield convinced me to try some of the products. “You wont be sorry,” she said, her face looking radiant. I had to try. Littlefield works at the D.C. headquarters of Alchimie Forever as the company’s Director of Sales and Marketing.

The product has sold all over the country in dermatology offices and Ada Polla is working on expanding the company into 25 high-end boutiques and medical spas across the country.

“I breathe, sleep and eat this business,” she said in a 2004 interview. “It’s tricky to close the door and pretend my office is far away.” Polla and Littlefield use the products on a regular basis, claiming each is amazing and will turn your skin from dull to dazzling.

I’ve been addicted to Yttrium Light’s On, a moisturizer to put on in the mornings, the amazing Q-switch, the “optimizing body contour gel” which basically firms “problem areas” from cellulite and really works at $55 a bottle, and the anti-aging Diode 1 and Diode 2, which smell so great I want to eat the bottle, but wont at $85 a pair.

These products are so amazing, the cheap person I am has become totally convinced these products will change your life. Or at least your skin, and make you smell as good as summer pie. And a little goes a long way — one dab of the moisturizer could cover the face of you and all your loved ones. The products may be expensive but could last all year.

Alchimie Forever products are amazing because even if you have sensitive skin and are afraid of testing new products, these were designed to improve sensitive skin. Each product is hypoallergenic, extremely safe and is not tested on animals.

Trust me, have I ever led you astray before? Alchimie Forever will keep my face look radiant through the summer sun. So pick yourself up a couple of bottles on the web site and I guarantee if you’re face isn’t glowing in a week, you’ll at least smell wonderful.