This week at Meadows

Pollock Gallery

The Pollock Gallery will be exhibiting the work of Bard College Professor ,Marco Breuer, from now until Dec 6. Breuer, a recent recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship, is known for his camera-less photographs – pictures created from direct manipulation of the photograph’s surface. Breuer will speak at the Meadows Museum on Nov. 6 as a part of the Visiting Artist Lecture Series. For more information call 214-768-4439.

Meadows Music

Spanish guitarist, Maestro Soler, will be presenting a free concert of music including jazz, swing, be-bop and blues in O’Donnell Hall of the Owen Arts Center. The concert will take place tonight at 8 p.m.

Meadows Museum

The Meadows Museum is hosting a free masquerade party on Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m. The party will feature a scavenger hunt, costume contest, free food and Flash Photography. There will also be a mask-making contest in which the winner will receive a free iPod. For more information call 214-768-4993.

Comini Lecture Series

Dr. Katrin Kogman-Appel, professor of art history at Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel, will speak on the subject of Christianity, idolatry and the question of figural painting in Hebrew illuminated manuscripts. The lecture starts at 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 30 in the Dr. Bob Smith Auditorium in Meadows Museum. The event is free, but, reservations are required.

Meadows Opera Theatre

The Meadows Opera Theatre presents a Halloween Brown Bag series of opera and musical theater Oct. 1 at 1 p.m. in the Bob Hope Lobby of the Owen Arts Center. The free performance includes masked singers, specters, ghosts and conjured nightmares from “Lucia di Lammermoor,” “Die Fledermaus” and “Fiddler on the Roof.” For more information call 214-768-1951.