A long way from home

Me Talk Funny
 A long way from home
A long way from home

A long way from home

Dear Daddy,

I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to send you this letter. As you might imagine, they keep us pretty busy here. We have to wake up really early in the morning, and we don’t get finished until 10 or 11 at night.

I barely have time to think! I really appreciated the care package that you and Mom sent last week. All the girls in my cabin loved the sugar cookies with the frosting on top. This one girl, Kristy, told me that her parents didn’t let her have anything with sugar in it. I told her that that was just crazy! Can you imagine? Not having one piece of candy, or one cupcake in your entire life. Honestly, some people have just lost it.

Anyway, our camp T-shirts came in yesterday and they’re really cool. They’re dark green with the letters P.C.G.C in white. They had a little ceremony for us right after dinner. At the end, we all did the camp cheer: Give me a “P,” and everyone yells, “P!” Give me a “C” . . . “C!” Give me a “G” . . . “G!” Give me a “C” . . . “C!” And what does that stand for? Psycho Christian Girls Camp!

I wish you could have been there, Daddy. It was so neat. All the girls started crying and hugging each other. We stayed up the whole night praying for Catholics and other people going to hell. I truly felt like the spirit of our dear Lord Jesus Christ was hovering above us, floating in and out of us. Some of the girls passed out because they were so moved.

Tomorrow is community service day. My whole cabin is going into town to hand out fliers in front of synagogues and dance halls. To be honest, I don’t feel very comfortable with the whole idea. I know that I’m supposed to help those in need, like sick people and lost kittens; but Jews and alcoholics, I’m just not sure. If our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ didn’t have faith in me before, He will after tomorrow.

This afternoon we talked about current events. First we said the pledge of allegiance; then we sang “Our Country ‘Tis of Thee”; then we said a really long prayer for the spiritual founder of the camp, John Ashcroft.

Then, for nearly six hours, some speaker who came all the way from Mississippi to talk to us and explained to everybody what was going on in the Middle East.

First of all, this man brought out a map so all of us would know where the Middle East was. That was really helpful. I had no idea that there were so many other countries in the world. I guess you learn something every day!

Anyway, he told us how crazy all those people were over there. He told us that they speak a different language and that they don’t believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and that all they want to do is kill Americans. He told us that all the women have to wear these really weird sheets over their heads and that the men spend their whole lives learning how to shoot guns so they can shoot Americans. Everybody was so scared. I remembered how you told me not to trust people who called God Allah, but I didn’t understand how right you were until today.

Seriously, Daddy, I got so mad. I just couldn’t understand how these people could be so wild and crazy about some religion that isn’t even real. I couldn’t understand how all these women could wear such silly clothes and spend all day kneeling down on dirty mats.

It just goes to show you how lucky we really are to be Christians in the United States. Fundamentalists, they’re just crazy.

At the end of the session, the man asked what we could do to solve all the problems in the Middle East, and Susy Simmons – you know, the really quiet girl who always wears her hair in pigtails – told everyone that we should just send a big bomb over to the Middle East and blow it all up. Everybody leapt into the air and started shouting, “Blow them up, blow them up, blow them up!”

Well, I have to go to sleep now. I’ve got a big day of serving the community tomorrow. Have a good week, Daddy, and don’t forget to pray for me.

Kisses and Hugs,

Cindy

P.S. Oh yeah, I wanted you to know, Daddy, that I forgive you for having been a homosexual before you found Jesus and met Mom. I still love you.