If you want it, you will find it

The Reactionary
 If you want it, you will find it
If you want it, you will find it

If you want it, you will find it

The recent shootings around the Washington, D.C. area have exposed a recurring problem that will only become worse in the years ahead. America has become a target for international terrorism, due to our support of Israel. Attacks will only become more frequent until we can create stable and democratic countries in the third world.

In the meantime, our country is going to need to find a proper balance between civil liberties and public protection. The moral standing of law enforcement, the Department of Justice, and media outlets are paramount in the execution of the war on terrorism. The behavior of politicians and results of public opinion will have a delayed effect due to the complexities of our bureaucrat-run society. Recent events have not been very comforting. The D.C. sniper, the destruction of Steven Hatfill, and reporting of Jayna Davis makes one believe that these agencies and media outlets have an agenda and are willing to report “the facts” to fit it.

For the past two weeks the D.C. area has been crippled by the sniper. In fact, the use of the term “sniper” is a problem, because it suggests that this person has military training. If he is military trained then he is likely an American, and because the media and law enforcement are treating this guy like a serial killer, all signs are pointing to a white American male.

However, these killings are not necessarily those of a serial killer, who would want personal interaction with his victims and has a certain type of victim. These events are more like those of a terrorist. However, the focus on the terrorist’s “skill” and the blending of the usual suspects of serial killers makes one believe that he is domestic. Recently, eyewitness evidence indicates that the drivers are of a darker completion and may be using an AR-74, which is a Soviet-made weapon that is hard to come by in the United States. The FBI use of serial killer analysis and the media focus on the sniper makes one believe that it had a profile before all the evidence came in.

The D.C. shootings would not be so bad if there were not other evidence that the FBI and liberal media have a desire for domestic terrorism. The most recent event involves Hatfill and the way he has been treated by the FBI. The whole reason that the FBI believes the anthrax letters are from a domestic source is the nature of the target. Only Democratic Senators and liberal media outlets have been mailed anthrax. However, they do not deserve it.

As a result, Hatfill has been followed everywhere and the DOJ told the University of Louisiana that if he was not fired then all federal grants would be cut. Hatfill at one time studied in African countries under regimes that were dominated by a white minority in the ’80s. There is no evidence that he ever aided the oppressive governments. Hatfill’s presence in white-dominated African countries is no worse than professors who study in China, unless one thinks that racial oppression is worse than political oppression.

The FBI should have focused on the terrorists’ ability to make aerosol anthrax instead of the nature of the targets. Anyone can write a letter, not everyone can cut anthrax spores so small they float in air. More than just knowledge about anthrax is required for that, and very identifiable machines are required. Why hasn’t that been the focus of the investigation? The New York Times’ Nick Kristoff set off this witch hunt with his propagandist columns that are full of lies, which should have resulted in his being fired. The “most respected” newspaper in the country showed a great desire for a domestic terrorist and the FBI was very willing to believe them.

The most serious piece of evidence is that of Jayna Davis, a reporter from Oklahoma City. Remember the mysterious “John Doe No. 2” who was supposedly with Timothy McVeigh right after the Oklahoma City bombing? The John Doe No. 2 bulletin was quickly withdrawn shortly after McVeigh’s arrest. Davis claims that Doe 2 was Hussain al-Hussaini and over 20 witnesses can place him near the Murrah Building that day. A libel suit was filed against KFOR for hinting Al-Hussaini was involved but the suit was thrown out. This aspect of the bombing was never brought to national attention. If McVeigh was a “Jihad” Johnny instead of a lone right-wing wolf then the fear of domestic terrorism would be bipartisan instead of just right wing. Liberals would no longer be able to portray right-wingers as especially dangerous, and the FBI would not be able to so easily take civil liberties away to protect us from the “domestic” threat.