Lady Antebellum brings their music to Grand Prairie

Verizon Theater at Grand Prairie was a full house on Friday. Cowboy boots and hats galore filled the venue as Texas country fans arrived to see the Grammy award-winning group Lady Antebellum rock out live.

Their Need You Now tour performance wowed the crowd.

Many fans agreed that their CD does not do this talented trio justice and that the country band is here to stay. Their raw talent is addicting.

The newly-famed country band stole the stage, performing all of their top hits including “Love Don’t Live Here,” “Our Kind of Love,” “I Run to You,” “American Honey” and “Need You Now.”

Lead singers Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood had their own solo cover-song performances, showing off each artist’s individual vocal talents.

Since their debut in 2007 as guest vocalists on Jim Brickman’s single “Never Alone,” Lady Antebellum has had several songs top the charts.  

The country band was named New Artist of the Year in 2008 by the Country Music Association, and  Top New Duo/Group in 2009  by the Academy of Country Music.

This year, the trio has seven nominations for the American Country Awards including Artist of the Year, Duo/Group of the Year, Album of the Year, Single of the Year, Single by a Duo/Group, Music Video of the Year, and Video by Duo/Group.

Lady Antebellum will attend the 44th CMA music awards  on Wednesday before finishing up their nationwide tour.  

Can’t get enough? The band also just released their first Christmas album,  “A Merry Little Christmas,” just in time for the holiday season.

Upcoming events at Verizon Theater at Grand Prairie:

Nov. 11:  Levon Helm & Ray LaMontagne

7 p.m.

Nov. 12: Celtic Thunder

7:30 p.m.

Nov. 26: Selena Gomez

with Forever the Sickest Kids

6:30 p.m.

Nov. 27-28:

Tyler Perry’s “Madea’s Big Happy Family”

3 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Dec. 2:

“Fantasia”  

7:30 p.m.