SMU Short Takes

Students march to take back the night

Students can participate in a march and rally to celebrate the survivors of sexual assault 8 p.m. Thursday in the Hughes-Trigg Theater.

The event, sponsored by the SMU Women’s Center, will also include speakers, music by Voices of Inspiration and a candlelight vigil. For more information, contact Courtney Aberle at [email protected] or call (214) 786-4796.

Capital Campaign closes with celebration Friday

Students, staff and faculty will have a chance to celebrate the most successful fund-raising effort in SMU’s history.

The university’s Capital Campaign, a five-year fundraising drive, will end Friday. The event begins at 11:30 a.m. Friday at the flagpole on the main quad. The program will feature comments from several university officials and will be followed by lunch on the Boulevard, performances, open houses and campus tours.

The Campaign for SMU Celebration is the largest effort of any institution in North Texas. The five-year campaign has received gifts and pledges from more than 40,000 alumni, parents and friends.

Sigma Chi’s Derby Days Philanthropy Party

Sigma Chi is celebrating its annual philanthropy Derby Days with a concert on Saturday night. Graham Colton and The Masterminds are opening acts for the feature band, Naughty by Nature.

Tickets are being sold for $20 at the Mane Desk and at the Sigma Chi booth in between Hughes-Trigg Student Center and Clements Hall. All proceeds will go to the Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. The party will take place Saturday at Deep Ellum Live. Buses will run from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m.