SOURCECORP exec speaks at Hilltop

SOURCECORP exec speaks at Hilltop
Photo by John Schreiber, The Daily Campus
SOURCECORP exec speaks at Hilltop

SOURCECORP exec speaks at Hilltop (Photo by John Schreiber, The Daily Campus)

President and CEO of SOURCECORP Ed H. Bowman spoke last night in the Crum Auditorium of the Collins Executive Education Center. The lecture was part of the Business Leaders Spotlight Series sponsored by the Bank of Texas.

Bowman, a Dallas resident, focused his speech on the development and growth of SOURCECORP over the years. SOURCECORP is a business process outsourcing and consulting company.

Bowman spoke about the SOURCECORP mission to “help customers accelerate their business performace and manage risk.” He also addressed the company’s state of the art facilities, competitive advantage, and having a big idea.

The company serves financial, government, healthcare and legal industries. These include companies such as BankOne, Kroger, United Airlines, Direct TV, Wal-Mart and Microsoft.

In addition, he explained the strategic development from the founding of the company in September 1994, including the rapid growth and transformation stages.

According to Bowman, technology, globalization, security, knowledge and complexity are just a few of the driving forces that can change a business.

Since 1995, Bowman has led the company through an IPO to a $400 million business with a global network in the United States., the Caribbean, the Philippines, Mexico and India.

SOURCECORP was also named in Business Week’s Top 100 Hot Growth Companies in 2001. The business was also part of Forbes’ 200 Best Small Companies list in 1998 and 1999 and was named one of America’s 100 Fastest Growing Public Companies by Fortune magazine.

The Business Leaders Spotlight is part of a series of lectures hosted at the Cox School throughout the year that lets leaders share their insight and exchange ideas with participants.

In the past, the lecture has hosted business executives such as Stanley Marcus, former CEO of Neiman Marcus, and Gary Kusin, CEO of Kinko’s. On April 10, the series will welcome Geoff Colvin, senior editor-at-large for Fortune.