Fashion on campus

We love…

Berets. Yes, like the kind worn by military personnel, except with a bit more sex appeal (I know, it’s hard to beat a man in uniform). It just so happens New York Fashion Week featured a plethora of the accessory throughout the Fall 2008 ready-to-wear runway shows, such as Rag & Bone and Jill Stuart just to name a couple. Since fall 2008 is pretty far away, check out the hottest head gear for spring 2008: fedoras. So what if club-hoppin’ Britney dropped its status temporarily this past year; we can all agree that it was probably the best look she’s put together sans-stylist. I saw some cute ones at Urban Outfitters – sassy new styles to take a look from the street to the beach.

We hate…

Beanies. Despite giving Urban Outfitters props for bringing back the Miami-style straw fedora, it’s also guilty of bringing back instant hat hair, aka the beanie. Not only is it not flattering both on and off (after the fact), it’s just plain ugly. They itch; we scratch. They’re hot; we sweat. Let’s face it, we have been over the beanie since Jay and Silent Bob made it a fashion statement for stoners worldwide, and we’re still over it. This is a perfect example of why you shouldn’t wear something just because of its designer label.