Tote or not to tote?

. Balenciaga Motorcycle inspired tote in moss goatskin with oversized textured gold hardware.
John Schreiber
. Balenciaga “Motorcycle” inspired tote in moss goatskin with oversized textured gold hardware.

. Balenciaga “Motorcycle” inspired tote in moss goatskin with oversized textured gold hardware. (John Schreiber)

In case you have not noticed, the ladies at SMU do not wear backpacks from class to class. Instead, they carry their scholarly materials in totes. Whether in canvas or cowhide, designer or discount, one thing is certain: The tote is here to stay.

As many of you well know, I am a huge fan of oversized totes. More often than not I haul 20 pounds or more of stuff in some tote or tote-like bag to my classes, meetings and other on-campus activities. I personally believe you can learn a lot about a person from the bag he or she carries, and totes are no exception!

Wanting to get a feel for what is out on our campus, Jessica Roska (my partner-in-crime) and I packed our cameras with the rest of our school-things and snapped some pictures of a few of our fellow Mustangs’ trendy totes:

Nila Anthony pattent style in emerald green with antiqued gold hinges. (John Schreiber)

Balenciaga tote and messenger in hunter green nubuck suede with black, slightly crushed pattent accents and polished gold hardware. (John Schreiber)

.Vera Bradley multicolored paisley in plush, quilted cotton. (John Schreiber)