Fashion on campus

We love…SAG STYLE

Javier Bardem was the best-dressed man of the night. His appearance seemed to say, “I was just told I needed to be ready in 10 minutes,” but we know better; he is wearing Prada for goodness’ sake. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt (Brangelina) is my pick for couple of the night. When I saw these tow (in vintage Hermes and Tom Ford, respectively), I just about died. The two most beautiful people in the world wearing my two favorite designers- I thought I was dreaming. The overall winner for the night is undeniably Michelle Pfeiffer. In this simple, yet elegant Versace (I know, I was surprised too) she looked absolutely radiant!

We hate…SAG STYLE

I really do love “Ugly Betty,” and I think Wilhelmina Slater is fierce, but I’m sorry, Vanessa, you are way too old to be sporting a slit that high, even if it’s Escada. Even worse – leave it to Debra Messing to make Oscar de la Renta look bad (I didn’t even know that was possible). Did she look at every dress she was sent and intentionally pick out the least flattering one? Maybe she’s preggers, like Cate Blanchett, but then why not select a gorgeous Balenciaga like Cate? Unfortunately, Tilda Swinton takes the cake. In a full-length metallic gown topped with matching jacket, she looks like all those little girls borrowing their dates’ jackets on prom night. I don’t even like designer Haider Ackermann’s clothes, but even he should have been able to recognize that this monstrosity did not belong on the red carpet. The saddest part is that the look may have been salvageable if she had just ditched that dorky jacket.