Double dose of Dakota this weekend at box office

“Coraline” – This stop-motion animation film follows the story of a young girl who is unhappy in her new Oregon home. She befriends a young boy named Wybie Lovat, but still suffers from extreme boredom and discontent in her new environment. However, this changes when Coraline finds a magic door in her home, which leads to a parallel universe. In this world, Coraline feels happier and safer, but finds herself in a world of trouble. The film follows her adventure to escape this magic world and get back to her real family. The film is based on the graphic novel by Neil Gaiman. “Coraline” stars the voice talents of Dakota Fanning, Teri Hatcher, John Hodgman and Ian MacShane. The film is rated PG for thematic elements, scary images, suggestive humor and some language, and is one hour and 40 minutes long.

“Push” – A top-secret government agency is turning people into soldiers complete with superpowers. One of these warriors is Nick Gant, who is hiding out in Hong Kong to escape the agency. When Cassie Holmes (Dakota Fanning) discovers him with her clairvoyant powers, she asks him to help her find a special “gifted” person who might be able to stop the agency. However, the agency quickly catches on to this plan and begins to chase after Nick and Cassie. The two become fugitives on the run, but will stop at nothing to find the key to stopping the agency. “Push” also stars Chris Evans, Camilla Belle and Dijmon Hounsou. The film is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, smoking and a scene of teen drinking.

“Chocolate” – This film follows Zen, a young girl born after an affair between two members of rival crime organizations. Zen learns how to fight by watching Tony Jaa and Bruce Lee movies, and must put her skills to use after her mother becomes ill. The young fighter brings it upon herself to collect debts from gangsters who owe her mother money – but the journey is a violent one. “Chocolate” is director Prachya Pinkaew’s follow-up to the successful “Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior.” The film stars Yanin Vismistananda , Hiroshi Abe and Ammara Siripong ,and is rated R for violence and brief sexuality. “Chocolate” is one hour and 32 minutes long.

“He’s Just Not That Into You” –

A star-studded cast includes Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Connelly, Kevin Connolly, Bradley Cooper, Ginnifer Goodwin, Scarlett Johansson and Justin Long. These 20- and 30- somethings struggle to find the right partner and relationship situation in the Baltimore dating world. Technology has made courtship all the more complicated and this film explores the difficulties of making love work in the modern day world. The movie is rated PG-13 for strong language and sexual content.

“The Pink Panther 2” – Steve Martin stars as inspector Jacques Clouseau in this sequel to the 2006 hit. International artifacts, including the infamous Pink Panther Diamond, have been disappearing. Clousea, a quirky and successful detective, is called in to solve the crime. The film also features Jean Reno, Emily Mortimer, Andy Garcia, Alfred Molina and John Cleese. It is rated PG for action, mild language and suggestive humor. Jean Reno, Emily Mortimer, Andy Garcia, Alfred Molina

“Fanboys” – Produced by Kevin Spacey, “Fanboys” follows a group of friends who are avid “Star Wars” fans as they travel west to see the newest flick “Star Wars: Episode 3.” The film takes place in 1999 and the pals want to catch the sci-fi movie before it comes out. The road trip turns into an adventure full of hilarious situations, the least of which includes a showdown with some equally enthused Trekkies. Sam Huntington, Kristen Bell, Jay Baruchel and Christopher Marquette star in the film, which is rated PG-13 for language, drug content and crude, sexual material.

Also in Theaters

“Taken” – Liam Neeson stars as Bryan Mills, an ex-government operative who is extremely overprotective of his daughter, Kim. After Kim and her friend are abducted in Paris, Mills finds himself at the end of his rope, vowing to do anything in his power to bring her back. The former agent must uncover who is behind the kidnapping and the location of his daughter before it’s too late. “Taken” is directed by Pierre Morel (“The Transporter”) so there’s sure to be more action than you can shake a stick at. The film is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence, sexual content, some drug references and language. “Taken” also stars Maggie Grace, Famke Janssen, Anjul Nigam and runs for one hour and 31 minutes.

“The Uninvited” –

After spending time in the hospital coping with the death of her mother, Anna (Emily Browning) returns home only to deal with a new stepmother. During the night, Anna’s mother’s ghost visits her, informing her that her stepmother is not what she seems. Anna and her sister heed their spectral mother’s advice and plot to get rid of their stepmother. “The Uninvited” is a remake of a 2003 South Korean psychological thriller/horror film. The American version looks to be in the same vein as “The Ring” and the plethora of J-horror films released in the early ’00s. “The Uninvited” is rated PG-13 for violent and disturbing images (surprise!), thematic material, sexual content and language. The film also stars Elizabeth Banks and David Strathairn and runs for one hour and 27 minutes.

“New in Town” ­-

Renee Zellweger stars as Lucy Hill, a high-profile businesswoman living life lavishly in Miami. However, she soon must deal with a complete lifestyle change as she is shipped to a small town in Minnesota. Hill starts out on the wrong foot with the townspeople, but slowly gains their trust and admiration, ultimately falling in love with the town. But when Hill’s company orders her to close down the branch causing the majority of the town to lose their jobs, she faces the ultimate decision. “New in Town” also stars Harry Connick Jr., Siobhan Fallon and J.K. Simmons. The film is rated PG for some suggestive material and language, and runs for one hour and 36 minutes.

“Inkheart” – Brendan Fraser stars as Mo Folchart, a man capable of bringing fictional characters from books to life. Folchart finds himself in trouble after bringing an evil villain to life who kidnaps Folchart’s daughter. He embarks on a journey to save his daughter with the help of a magical group of friends. “Inkheart” also stars Helen Mirren, Paul Bettany, Jim Broadbent, and Rafi Gavron. The film is one hour and 45 minutes long. The film is rated PG for fantasy adventure action, some scary moments and brief language.