Friday the 13th brings about epic battle of the movies: Jason vs. compulsive shoppers

“Friday the 13th” – I guess it is just impossible to kill everyone’s favorite hockey-mask-wearing, knife-toting killer. Jason Vorhees is back in a new chapter in the “Friday the 13th” franchise.

This time, the story follows Clay Miller, a man searching for his lost sister. He ends up at Crystal Lake, the infamous campgrounds of Jason. Director Marcus Nispel already has one slasher film franchise reboot under his name with 2003’s “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.” There is sure to be blood, guts and a lot of screams in the 11th installment (if you do not include “Freddy vs. Jason”) of “Friday the 13th.” The film stars Jared Padalecki, Danielle Panabaker and Amanda Righetti, and is rated R for strong bloody violence, language and some graphic sexual content. “Friday the 13th” is one hour and 35 minutes long.

“Confessions of a Shopaholic” –

Isla Fisher plays Rebecca Bloomwood in the highly anticipated book-turned -movie “Confessions of a Shopaholic.” Bloomwood, a compulsive shopper, yearns to work at a high fashion magazine. Ironically, she gets a job as a financial advice columnist and grows famous as she spirals into debt and keep things together. The film also stars Hugh Dancy, Joan Cusack and John Goodman. It is rated PG for thematic elements and mild language.

“The International” – Clive Owen stars as Interpol Agent Louis Salinger in a film that starts out as an attempt to uncover the illegal business of a major bank. However, as Salinger and Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Eleanor Whitman (Naomi Watts) dive deeper into the investigation, they find themselves scurrying across the globe in a high-stakes game of cat and mouse. “The International” also stars Armin Mueller-Stahl and Ulrich Thomsen. The film is rated R for sequences of violence and some language and is one hour and 58 minutes long.

Also in theaters

“Coraline” – This stop-motion animation film follows the story of a young girl who is unhappy in her new Oregon home. She befriends a young boy named Wybie Lovat, but still suffers from extreme boredom and discontent in her new environment. However, this changes when Coraline finds a magic door in her home, which leads to a parallel universe.

“Coraline” stars the voice talents of Dakota Fanning, Teri Hatcher, John Hodgman and Ian MacShane. The film is rated PG for thematic elements, scary images, suggestive humor and some language, and is one hour and 40 minutes long.

“Push” – A top-secret government agency is turning people into soldiers complete with superpowers. One of these warriors is Nick Gant, who is hiding out in Hong Kong to escape the agency. When Cassie Holmes (Dakota Fanning) discovers him with her clairvoyant powers, she asks him to help her find a special “gifted” person who might be able to stop the agency. “Push” also stars Chris Evans, Camilla Belle and Dijmon Hounsou. The film is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, smoking and a scene of teen drinking.

“Chocolate” – This film follows Zen, a young girl born after an affair between two members of rival crime organizations. Zen learns how to fight by watching Tony Jaa and Bruce Lee movies, and must put her skills to use after her mother becomes ill. The young fighter brings it upon herself to collect debts from gangsters who owe her mother money – but the journey is a violent one. The film stars Yanin Vismistananda, Hiroshi Abe and Ammara Siripong ,and is rated R for violence and brief sexuality. “Chocolate” is one hour and 32 minutes long.

“He’s Just Not That Into You” –

A star-studded cast includes Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Connelly, Kevin Connolly, Bradley Cooper, Ginnifer Goodwin, Scarlett Johansson and Justin Long.

These 20 and 30- somethings struggle to find the right partner and relationship situation in the Baltimore dating world. The movie is rated PG-13 for strong language and sexual content.