Moody in 3-D: Basketball hosts open house

Moody in 3-D
By Christina Parrish, The Daily Campus
Moody in 3-D

Moody in 3-D (By Christina Parrish, The Daily Campus)

SMU Program Council and SMU Athletics teamed up Tuesday night to host “Moody in 3-D, Basketball Open House.”All SMU students were invited to attend the open house that kicked off the 2005-06 basketball season in style.

“I came to the open house to see all the players on the team,” junior Anne Lowery said.

Students were encouraged to sign up for Mustang Maniacs at the basketball open house.

Mustang Maniacs pay $10 for a Maniac t-shirt, special giveaways, select seating at basketball games and the opportunity to reek mayhem at Moody.

Mustang Maniacs will also have the opportunity to participate in on-court promotions and contests throughout the basketball season, Jeff Pick of the SMU Athletic Marketing Office said

If students missed their opportunity to sign up at the open house, they can still do so throughout the week at the flagpole.

Free food was donated from Pluckers Wing Factory & Grill. Students enjoyed the free food while watching a series of events.

Students participated in a free throw and a dunking contest on a lowered, 8-foot-6-inch hoop.

DJ Sport provided music at the open house while students shot around on the court and hung out in the stands.

Both the men and women’s basketball team were on hand to meet and give tours of their respective locker rooms.

“Awesome. I got to see the locker room, I got free food, I got to dunk and I got to dance,” senior Alex Haayen said.

The men’s basketball season begins at Louisiana—Monroe on Nov. 20 and is followed by the home—opener at Moody Coliseum against Centenary on Nov. 22.

The Lady Mustangs officially open the season at home with Louisiana—Lafayette (WNIT) on Nov. 11 at 7 p.m.