Holiday movie preview

Halloween is over, and we all know what that means: Hollywood is beginning to release its holiday best, the fare that’s designed to rake in the money over the course of the season.

Nov. 4 sees the release of “Chicken Little,” a Disney computer animated film starring Zach Braff.

“Jarhead,” a film featuring Jamie Foxx and Jake Gyllenhaal and based on former Marine Anthony Swofford’s best-selling book about his Desert Storm experiences in Saudi Arabia and his experiences fighting in Kuwait, will also be released.

Muggles and wizards alike will line up on Nov. 18 for the much-anticipated “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” the fourth installment of J.K. Rowling’s tremendously popular book series.

Also debuting this week is yet another biopic, “Walk the Line,” which is about the life and times of Johnny Cash. It stars Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon.

On Nov. 23, a new adaptation of “Pride and Prejudice” hits the screen, this one featuring the talent of Keira Knightley, Matthew MacFadyen, Donald Sutherland and Dame Judi Dench. Musical fans will rejoice over the release of “Rent,” directed by Chris Columbus and starring much of the original Broadway cast.

The long-awaited adaptation of C.S. Lewis’ timeless classic arrives on December 9th in Walt Disney Picture’s “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.”

Peter Jackson’s eagerly-awaited “King Kong” bounds into theatres on Dec. 14. The sure-to-be blockbuster boasts an all-star cast (Naomi Watts, Adrian Brody, Jack Black, Andy Serkis and Colin Hanks) and stellar special effects.

Dec. 16 boasts what promises to be the defining romantic comedy of the season, as Sarah Jessica Parker, Claire Danes, Diane Keaton, Rachel McAdams, Dermot Mulroney and Luke Wilson star in “The Family Stone.”

Meanwhile, Broadway buffs will again be rewarded with “The Producers,” starring Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, Will Ferrell and Uma Thurman.

Spielberg throws his hat into the ring on Dec. 23 with “Munich,” which features Eric Bana, Geoffrey Rush and Kurt Russell in a historical thriller set in the aftermath of the 1972 massacre of 11 Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympics.

With so much to choose from this holiday season, no one should be stuck at home watching the same movie being shown on TNT a million times over. Grab a friend and take a trip to the local multiplex!