Homecoming on ‘The Edge’

Eighteen bands to perform

Homecoming is always a fun time of year when members of the university community come together for a weekend of football and festivities.

This year, students can start the party early with a different kind of gathering. Local radio station KDGE 102.1 FM, The Edge, is holding its first-ever Edge Fall Homecoming Concert at the Smirnoff Music Center.

The reunion is Sunday at 11 a.m. and will feature former Edge concert bands, as well as recent additions to the station’s play list.

Taking the stage will be Audioslave, The Vanished, Seether, Yellowcard, Fall Out Boy, 30 Seconds to Mars, Kasabian, Revelation Theory, Institute, featuring Gavin Rossdale, Paranoid Social Club, Starting Line, Cold, Motion City Soundtrack, Panic at the Disco, All American Rejects, Boys Nite Out, Our Lady Peace and Avenged Sevenfold.

Nintendo Fusion will be onsite for audience enjoyment with an interactive arcade featuring the latest games and hottest technology.

An autograph booth sponsored by Virgin Megastore will be set up with several of the bands making appearances throughout the day – just don’t ask them to sign your yearbook.

Edge personalities Jagger, Mondo and Dean, from the morning show, and Ayo, from the Edge of Night, will also be around and broadcasting from the event.

No homecoming would be complete without pre-game festivities. The Edge Fall Homecoming Pre-Party will be held Saturday in the Silver City Cabaret parking lot and will include performances by Bif Naked, Revelation Theory, Paranoid Social Club and Default. The parking lot opens at 7 p.m. and tickets are $15 at the door.

Tickets for the Edge Fall Homecoming Concert are still available at www.ticketmaster.com, and more information can be found at www.kdge.com.