Copeland to bring Indie-Rock to Deep Ellum

Indie rock group Copeland will be playing at The Door in Deep Ellum on Friday night. Also filling out the bill will be the emo/indie quartet The Spill Canvas, Orange County, California native’s Melee and the trio Daphne Loves Derby.

The Spill Canvas will open the show, followed by Melee and Daphne Loves Derby. Copeland, who recently released its second full-length album, “In Motion,” have played with such bands as Sparta, Switchfoot, The Juliana Theory, The Early November, Hopesfall and Mae. With powerful lyrics and piano-driven choruses, its blend of pop and indie rock promise a good show. Before Copeland hits the stage, though, Daphne Loves Derby, who was recently seen on G4’s “Attack of The Show,” will round out the opening bands with its own blend of mellow rock. It also released its debut full-length album, “On the Strength of All Convinced,” July 26 on Outlook Music.

If you’re looking for an inexpensive diversion for Friday night, you won’t find a better show for the money. The doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and The Spill Canvas will start off the show around 8 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance and $14 the day of the show. The Door is located at 3202 Elm St. in Deep Ellum, just east of downtown Dallas.