Ingram Hill comes to Gypsy Tea Room today

Last year, Ingram Hill brought its southern-fried sound to the Hilltop, giving SMU students a taste of its debut album, “June’s Picture Show.” The Memphis natives’ charming good looks, high-energy performance and soulful lyrics were well received by the new audience, helping to solidify them as college favorites.

Don’t let the college label fool you, though; these guys are old pros when it comes to touring. Ingram Hill has spent the past five years as a band touring nearly non-stop with everyone from Sister Hazel to Maroon 5 to Jonny Lang and picking up dedicated fans of all types along the way.

The band averages 200 shows a year and is so dedicated to bringing its music straight to the fans that it opts to live right out of a van as it plays everywhere from packed arenas to college campuses.

Justin, Shea, Matt and Phil return Wednesday – this time to the Gypsy Tea Room – to give Dallas another helping of what lead crooner/guitarist Justin Moore calls, “pop rock with a southern twist.”

“We’re a rock and roll band and we want to have guitar solos, but we also write songs – Someone once said that if there was a southern pop category, we’d own it. I kinda like that. We’re proud of where we’re from and we’re proud of what we do,” he said in the band’s biography.

Doors open at 8 p.m. and if past Dallas performances are any indication, Wednesday night’s show promises enough raw energy to get anyone on the floor dancing. This is a perfect opportunity to hear the band’s own laid back tunes and sing along to its always crowd pleasing covers – favorites include Peter Gabriel’s “Solsbury Hill” and the Elvis classic “Suspicious Minds” – in a fun, intimate setting. For more information visit www.ingramhillmusic.com or hang around for a few minutes after the show and chat with the guys yourself.