Meadows School of the Arts exhibit showcases faculty work at Dallas gallery

The McKinney Avenue Contemporary is hosting an exhibit featuring art by SMU faculty from the Meadows School of the Arts. The exhibit, “Meadows Art Now” was invited to appear at The MAC.

The MAC, a non-profit organization structured around creativity, invites art faculty or an art academy each year, and this year the Meadows School of the Arts faculty was chosen to submit work. This exhibit allows Meadows faculty to show off the quality of their artwork and put their teaching to the test, engaging students on both levels.

By coming to see the exhibit, students will be exposed to different art professions available to them as careers. The MAC wants students to feel like they have artistic options, and exhibits like “Meadows Art Now” provide that opportunity.

All art exhibitions and lectures are free to the public and performances cost a small admission fee.

The SMU faculty exhibit is from April 4 to April 25, featuring artwork by Susan Barnett, Peter Beasecker, Rebecca Carter, Du Chau, Charles DeBus, Carola Dreidemie, David Dreyer, Barnaby Fitzgerald, Debora Hunter, Bill Komodore, Peter Ligon, Michael O’Keefe, Larry Scholder, Noah Simblist, Jay Sullivan, Philip Van Keuren and Mary Vernon.

The exhibit draws on each faculty member’s strength and is made up of a variety of media including video, ceramics, drawing, prints, painting and more.

“The exhibit is gorgeous with lots of variety and featuring over ten different artists,” director of The MAC, Liliana Bloch, said.