North Texas football fable to film in Dallas, casting for players

AP
King players run through drills during the first day of high school football practice in Corpus Christi, Texas.

King players run through drills during the first day of high school football practice in Corpus Christi, Texas. (AP)

Dallas’ film making scene grows with each and every passing year. A more supportive city council and attractive tax breaks gives the metroplex a strong appeal to small and large film makers across the nation.

Billed in the industry as the “third coast,” Dallas is making a name for itself when it comes to film production. Continuing the trend is One Heart, a football film that tells the true story of the players and coaches from Gainesville State School and Grapevine Faith and the events that followed once the two teams, and their diverse backgrounds, met on the football field.

The film is directed by Mark Ellis. Ellis has as a sports coordinator on films such as The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spiderman, Grown Ups and the soon to be released Red Dawn. One Heart will be Ellis’ first forray into directing.

Filming in North Texas also has its advantages for local area actors. Ellis and his crew are currently in search of extras and actors to play football players in the movie.

Casting calls for the film are being held for male players between the ages of 18-25 with extensive football experience on Sept. 9, at the Hilton Hotel Southlake Town Square, in Southlake, Texas, from 8 a.m.to 6 p.m.