Mustang Brief

Unhappy with your cafeteria food? The cafeteria would like to hear about it. SMU’s cafeteria is open to any and all suggestions from students who have something to say. Be it about the hours, the quality and health of the food, the selection of vegetarian, vegan or kosher food, or even if you would like them to consider a new recipe, officials at the SMU cafeteria say that they are all ears.

Several of you have expressed discontent with our cafeteria, and because of the open mindedness of these officials, now you can express your unhappiness straight to them. Their doors are always available to be knocked on, and the supervisors are dressed in red coats for easy spoting.

In a recent meeting with some food service heads on campus, I found out a few things that were rather interesting. First, fresh fish is available every day. No longer do you have to wait until Friday to enjoy a tasty piece of fish hot off the grill. You can actually ask the cook behind the grill for today’s selection of fish, and he will grill it right up for you.

I also found out that they have Dining Services Advisory Board, which is open to any student that has an opinion about the cafeteria. The next meeting will be in the beginning of February, and I encourage anyone and everyone that has an opinion about the cafeteria to show up, I know I’ll be there.

There are several students already trying to get their voice heard regarding cafeteria policies. Rosa Eesaw, a first year student senator, has plan underway for a petition regarding lengthening the weekend hours of the cafeteria, and a few students are currently researching our cafeteria’s prices in relation to other colleges of similar size, tuition cost, in order to determine the price fairness of our meal plans.

Do you have something to say about the food you eat? Let the cafeteria know! We all deserve to have good food. Make sure that you are getting what you pay for.