SMU track & field competes at both Mt. San Antonio College Relays, Bryan Clay Invitational

This past weekend, the Mustangs traveled to California to compete in the 53rd annual Mount San Antonio Relays in Walnut, Calif. and in the Bryan Clay Invitational at the campus of Asuza Pacific in Azusa, Calif.

After a successful trip, the track and field team returns to Dallas boasting victories in high jump, shot put and top-place finishes in the 400, 800 and 1500-meter races.Lisa Egarter and Simone Du Toit dominated the invitational by taking home a pair of victories in the high jump and shot put.

Egarter, the winner of the high jump, ran away with the victory by being the only competitor to clear the height by at least six feet with a jump of 1.85 meters.

Du Toit took home the shot put victory with a lengthy toss of 16.18 meters.

Du Toit also had an impressive fifth place finish in the Mount San Antonio shot put competition later on in the week.

In the running part of the competitions, Amber Evans, Iris Wilson and Kristine Eikrem-Engeset all posted top-four finishes in their races.

In the 1500-meter, Eikrem-Engeset placed third with a time of 4.33:56.,while in the 400-meter Amber Evans was the top collegiate athlete to place and was second overall. Wilson also competed in the 400-meter and finished the race by winning her heat and placing fourth.

SMU only has one more regular season meet against regional rival University of North Texas on April 30. Directly after, the Mustangs will look to be successful in the C-USA Championships May 12-13.