Baylor bus trip a bust

Hold your horses. The reservations deadline for the SMU-Baylorgame road trip is over. The Sports Marketing Advisory Committee hascanceled the road trip package deal due to a lack of interest.

“I think that people just wanted to drive their own carsto the game,” committee member Farrar Johnson said.”Lots of people have friends that go to Baylor.”

The steal of a deal, which originally included a ticket to thegame and transportation to and from Waco for a mere $33 was plannedto facilitate a way for students to support the Ponies in actionaway from their turf.

“At the beginning of the summer we formulated ideas on howto get more students to the games,” committee chairman AdamDicus said.

Although not one student purchased the package deal, committeemembers have sold several individual tickets.

“We think the crowd will be excellent,” Dicus said.”Ticket sales have been exceptional.”

With the drive to Baylor being only a little over an hour away,Dicus believes the short distance and the short deadline werefactors in the lack of interest for the road trip.

The committee plans on offering the road trip package deal forfuture games at Louisiana Tech and Tulsa.

The committee, whose main goal is to increase student awarenessand support for athletic events, encourages students to get theirtickets early for the battle between the Mustangs and OklahomaState, SMU’s first home game.

Tickets go on sale for the home game Monday at 8:30 a.m.

Students can still purchase tickets today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.for the Baylor game at the Sports Marketing AdvisoryCommittee’s booth in front of the Hughes-Trigg studentcenter.