Hipsters rejoice: scores of indie bands billed for AT&T PAC patio concerts

AT&T Performing Arts Center’s Sammons Park will be the host of the annual Patio Sessions concert series.
Courtesy of ATT&T PAC

AT&T Performing Arts Center’s Sammons Park will be the host of the annual Patio Sessions concert series. (Courtesy of ATT&T PAC)

As soon as the thermometer’s mercury begins to dip South, Dallasites emerge from their air conditioned solaces and start enjoying the outdoors once more.

One of the best ways to spend autumn outdoors is at the AT&T Performing Art Center’s annual Patio Sessions concert series.

The block of concerts, which take place each Thursday during September and October (weather permitting, of course), feature a bevvy of Dallas’ best local bands. The best part? Admission is free.

Besides the music, many of the metroplex’s best-known food trucks will park their kitchens around the concert venue to provide much needed grub to the evening.

The concerts begin at 5:30 p.m. at the Arts District’s Sammons Park. The park is located directly outside the Winspear Opera House (that shiny red building, for out-of-state folks).

The series starts Thursday with the Quaker City Night Hawks and Glen Farris.

Farris, a Denton, Texas native, has worked with other artists such as David Burr.

Other bands include Bravo! Max and Kirby Brown on Sept. 13, The Cush and Speak Easy on Sept. 20, Smile Smile and Arielle on Sept. 27, Vanessa Peters and Nicholas Altobelli on Oct. 4, The Blurries charge to with Zhora on Oct. 11 and Air Review and Home by Hovercraft on Oct. 18.

The series’ last show, which takes place on Oct. 25, has yet to be announced.

For more information visit Atttpac.org