Enrollees start classes, begin spring practice

The start of spring classes brought four early enrollees, Gehrig Dieter, Christian Holloway, Derek Longoria and Daniel Roundtree, to officially be a part of the football team.

Both Holloway and Longoria signed with SMU in February of 2010 but injuries kept Longoria from enrolling in the fall.

As a three-star ESPN.com and Rivals.com recruit, he tabbed 115 tackles with three interception returns resulting in touchdowns as a senior.

Similar to Longoria, Holloway is also a three-star ESPN.com and Rivals recruit having 65 tackles, 13 sacks and an interception all during his senior year.

He had the honor of serving as team captain, and named Del Rey League Lineman of the Year.

Parade All-American receiver, Dieter, put up numbers his senior year, including the national record for receiving yards in a single game (437) as well as receiving yards per catch (26.9).

Concluding the season, Dieter was named an Indiana High School Athletic Association first-team All-State selection.

A 6-foot-2, 210-pound safety, Roundtree, enrolled at SMU after spending the 2011 season at Cerritos Community College where he helped guide Cerritos in the So-Cal Championship game.

He tabbed 46 stops, four for a loss, and one interception.

Roundtree, a three-star Rivals.com recruit, has two years of eligibility remaining after he redshirted in 2010 at El Camino College with an injury.

National Signing day for high school athletes is annually Feb. 1 of each year.

These four have graduated and enrolled early to participate in Spring Practice to be prepared for the 2012 football season.