The Way I See It: What’s on your mind: Insert witty joke or assertion of rage and or joy over recent political events here

I scroll through my Facebook feed in between classes to see what my friends are up too, post amazing videos on friend’s walls and to generally enjoy the Internet social experience.

I do not, however, browse the news feed in search of the targeted and or political commentary status many people feel are necessary to share with the world.

There are two types of statuses that when I am scrolling I just want to ask, “You really felt it was necessary to post this for the world to see?”

The first are the directly targeted status. The status that when posted, is designed for only one or a select few of individuals to understand, yet the whole Facebook universe must suffer reading though these mind-numbing posts.

I hate when mid-scroll you come across the likes of, “I feel like a bar of soap. Someone knows why (smiley face).” Or how about, “I try and try, yet I am just never good enough.” Or the classic, “Taco Bell, Wii Bowling, and pony rides. Good stuff.”

I’m sorry, but if you have some fun inside joke with your friends, keep it inside. I tire of reading pages of jokes I don’t get. Clearly, these people enjoy the world knowing they have a fun inside joke. Here’s an idea: Just for fun, try posting it on the people in on the jokes wall instead.

I am also not a fan of the similar posts of disgust/target aggression expressed via Facebook status. I knew a close friend who happened to be in a fight with a boyfriend and felt the need to publicize the fight.

“If you can’t trust me who can you trust? I just don’t get it!” Really, is that helping anything? Is it that vital for all of your friends to publicly see your fight and personal life on display?

The other type of statuses I hate are the directed political joy and outrage updates.

I am sure it is just as clever when you are the 487th person on my news feed made the comment of “cash for clunkers equals Nobel Peace Prize apparently,” or something to that effect.

Yes, I get it, you are incredibly witty and feel you need to share your opinion with all those loyal readers on Facebook, but not everyone shares or cares about your opinion.

So please, the next time you feel the need to share your inside joke from last night or rage or joy over recent political events and assert a wildly extreme political view, ask yourself: “Who would want to read this?” The answer is not me, or anybody else.