Fashion’s Night Out: The 4-1-1 on what you missed

The runway at NorthPark Center flaunted this season’s trends.
Courtesy of Justin Clemons

The runway at NorthPark Center flaunted this season’s trends. (Courtesy of Justin Clemons)

FNO at the Village

Runway shows in the middle of Highland Park Village’s Fashion Night Out [FNO] set the stage for excitement as fashion lovers attended parties hosted by the high-end stores.

Runway shows took place throughout the night, giving a preview of the latest and trendiest fall lines.

“My favorite was the Tory Burch runway display because it showed a lot of tweed and some fur vests that got me very excited for the fall that is approaching,” SMU junior Morgan O’Hare said.

Other shows included Scoop, Trina Turk, Vince, Jimmy Choo and Five and Ten, just to name a few.

In addition to the shows were ongoing parties in each Highland Park Village store.

From a photo booth at Five and Ten to a fortune teller at Christian Louboutin, there was never a dull moment during FNO.

Stores, including Five and Ten and Jimmy Choo, had raffles as well, giving a chance to customers to win an item from their store.

“Five and Ten gave everyone who joined us the chance to enter to win a Proenza PS1 bag. The winner was drawn after the festivities were over, but for now their identity remains a secret,” SMU junior Zach Shumway said.

A first time FNO attendee, SMU junior Ashley Gross was happily surprised with the soirée. “It was such a glamorous event with a fun, upbeat setting. I will definitely be going again next year.”

-Mackenna Scripps

FNO at The Shak

Stanley Korshak invited Dallas’s finest shoppers to The Shak, Stanley Korshak’s contemporary boutique, to start off FNO.

The interactive style competition at The Shak was the highlight of the night. Shoppers were challenged to style themselves from head to toe, choosing from fall’s hottest clothing, jewelry, shoes and accessories from designers such as Helmut Lang, Abi Ferrin and Elizabeth and James.

Makeup artists then made sure each shopper looked beautiful and camera-ready to have a photo snapped on the interactive style board.

Waiters served adult snow cones, champagne and Le’Popcorn throughout the night for attendees to enjoy.

A portion of the proceeds from the evening benefited the Family Place.

-Hillary Hirschfield

FNO at NorthPark

Endless lines to get into the runway show this past Thursday proved that NorthPark was the place to be for FNO.
Hosts Victoria Snee, NorthPark’s PR director and Ron Corning of WFAA’s Daybreak, were decked out in Roberto Cavalli and kept the crowds in good spirits throughout the evening.
There were a total of three fashion shows: the first showed trends from Nordstrom, bebe, Diesel and H&M, the second was Neiman Marcus’ and the third showcased Ted Baker London, Macy’s, Pinto Ranch Fine Western Wear, Gap and Dillard’s.

All companies proved that they are fashion-forward this season, and offer trend-setting outfits that every fashionista should be wearing this fall.

Trends that were common among all stores included the colors green and maroon, “navy as the new neutral,” digital prints and women’s fashion inspired by men’s wear.

Digital prints that were seen on the runway were unique print designs that were usually seen on dresses made of silk and skinny pants, typically made of jean material.

Some of women’s fashion that was inspired by men’s wear included loose trousers, which were feminized by narrowing right above the ankles, tailored blazers, jackets and suits. Materials included houndstooth, tweed and plaid.

Before, during and after the shows, tables were set up throughout the mall offering company promotions, and stores had sales in honor of FNO, along with hors d’oeuvres and champagne for all attendees to enjoy.

Fashion’s Night Out Dallas partnered with Reliant Energy, PaperCity Magazine, Drybar Dallas, Makeup Forever and Omni Hotels & Resorts Dallas to make this fabulous event happen.

-Hillary Schmidt and Lauren Adams