Hit the Road, Odom…

Associated Press
Dallas Mavericks forward Lamar Odom works against Memphis Grizzlies forward Dante Cunningham during the second half of an NBA basketball game in Dallas on Wednesday, April 4,. Odom was recently moved to the Mavs’ inactive list, marking his departure from the Dallas basketball team.

Dallas Mavericks forward Lamar Odom works against Memphis Grizzlies forward Dante Cunningham during the second half of an NBA basketball game in Dallas on Wednesday, April 4,. Odom was recently moved to the Mavs’ inactive list, marking his departure from the Dallas basketball team. (Associated Press)

It is 50 games and done for Lamar Odom.

The defending NBA champions, the Dallas Mavericks are hoping to find their way back into the playoffs, and they have made it clear Odom is not helping.

As news broke, the now ever popular “memes” about Odom and the Mavericks arose and circulated quickly. “A true Kardashian … getting paid for doing nothing,” one said.

Odom moved to Dallas with wife and reality TV co-star, Khloe Kardashian, after the Lakers felt the need to move the forward to Dallas ­- a move seen by the Mavericks as low risk.

Moving Odom meant moving the TV show, and now it may mean moving it again – leaving fans of the reality show on their toes.

While in the Mavericks uniform, he only averaged 6.6 points and 20.5 minutes a game.

Odom was also booed several times by Mavs fans because of his performances remained sluggish.

Fans are not the only ones that gave Odom the what for, sources that were around Odom and owner Mark Cuban in the visitor locker room in Memphis last Saturday said Odom and Cuban had a not-so-friendly discussion during halftime.

News of Odom’s release from the Mavs and move to the inactive list had sports reporters lined up in Dallas.

Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd left practice on Monday without talking to reporters.

However, Odom did speak to the media releasing a statement saying, “I’m sorry that things didn’t work out better for both of us,” he said.

“But I wish the Mavs’ organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship.”

The Mavs have only nine regular season games left on the schedule.

“We’ll adjust. We’ve got other guys,” Coach Carlisle said.

The Mavs have recalled guard-forward Kelenna Azubuike from the NBA Developmental League. Azubuike has not played in a NBA game since injuring a knee two seasons ago.

Recently, there has also been some talk about the Mavs bringing back two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash back to Dallas.

For now, center Dwight Howard and point guard Deron Williams are possible future free agent options for an aging Mavericks team.