Student found dead in Perkins Hall

A Dallas County Medical Examiners report released Wednesday said first-year Jordan Crist died from acute alcohol poisoning.
A Dallas County Medical Examiner’s report released Wednesday said first-year Jordan Crist died from acute alcohol poisoning.

First-year student Jordan Crist was found dead Wednesday morning in a dorm room in Perkins Hall.

SMU officials say Crist was pronounced dead at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas midday Wednesday. SMU Police and University Park paramedics attempted resuscitation efforts on the scene.

While Crist was found dead in Perkins, he actually lived in the Morrison McGinnis Residence Hall.

Crist was 19 and was from Hinsdale, Ill.

The cause of Crist’s death is currently unknown. The Dallas County Medical Examiner is conducting an investigation.

SMU Police say a preliminary investigation conducted by them has indicated no foul play has occurred.

Crist is the second SMU student to die this school year two days before final exams begin.

Sophomore Jacob “Jake” Stiles was found dead in his room in the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house two days before final exams in the fall. The cause of his death was a lethal cocktail of expensive prescription pain killer fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol, according to a report from the Dallas County Medical Examiner.

Stiles was from Naperville, Ill., which is 12 miles away from Hinsdale. Both cities are suburbs of Chicago.

Check with smudailycampus.com for any developments with this story. Our final print edition for the year on Friday will also have updates.