Coca-Cola, 7-Eleven launch Snowball app, raise awareness

As the holidays approach, Coca-Cola and 7-Eleven are working together to raise awareness for the World Wildlife Fund’s polar bear habitat conservation efforts.

The largest beverage company and the largest convenience-retailing chain unveiled a new application called Snowball Effect.

This app is part of their Arctic Home Campaign, Tuesday.

The Snowball Effect application, is compatible with all generations of the iPhone and generations three and four of the iPod Touch.

It allows users to challenge friends to snowball fights on social media platforms such as Facebook.

Users who check into 7-Eleven stores and download QR codes on Big Gulp and Slurpee cups allows them to grow their snowball to win prizes such as an iPad.

The grand prize will be awarded to the user who collects the greatest amount of points by using the Snowball Effect application, which is a trip for two to the Arctic.

“I think it’s a good idea because so many people are online and use social media that it could be a great way to raise awareness and help the polar bears,” sophomore Mary Dole said.

To help raise awareness, Coca-Cola now offers white cans of Coke, which are exclusive at 7-Eleven stores.

Also, 7-Eleven has a limited-time Sprite Snowball Blast Slurpee flavor to help save the polar bears’ Arctic habitat.

Users can download Snowball Effect application by visiting Apple’s App Store, ArcticHome.com/7-Eleven or by scanning QR codes on Slurpee and Big Gulp cups.

The Snowball application will be available from now through Dec. 31.