Sports Briefs

Robinson Drafted

The Washington Redskins selected former SMU wide receiver Aldrick Robinson with the 13th pick of the sixth round in this weekend’s NFL Draft.

Robinson was the 178th pick overall and the third Mustang to be drafted in the last three years. He finished the 2010 season at SMU with 1,301 yards receiving and a Mustang record 14 touchdowns.

Robinson compiled 3,314 yards during his time on the Hilltop which is second all-time in SMU history behind Emmanuel Sanders, who was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers last year. Sanders helped lead Pittsburgh to Super Bowl XLV this season. Robinson hopes to follow in his footsteps and excel during his rookie campaign.

Prior to being drafted, Robinson impressed scouts at the NFL Combine, where he ran a 4.35 in the 40. Robinson also recorded a 10-6 broad jump and bench pressed 225 pounds 17 times.

Crevin Presentation

Matt Crevin, public address announcer for the San Francisco 49ers and founder of Voice of the Box, will be speaking in Arlington on May 25-26.

The Get In The Game Beyond The Field session presented by the Texas Rangers is for college students interested in careers in sports. Crevin is a career coach, who is dedicated to helping college students and recent graduates break into the sports industry.

The 18-year professional believes that “this is a great opportunity and value for SMU students interested in sports.” He also feels that by attending this event SMU students will have “a great chance to network with various professionals.”

There is a $77 fee to register and an additional fee for those who plan to attend the Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox following the presentation. To register visit www.voiceofthebox.com.