Don’t stress out

Ed Board encourages students to relax, summer break is just around the way

Feeling stressed today? Don’t know how you’re going to pull through the last four weeks of class?

Panicking because you missed the last day to drop a class? It was April 4, in case you hadn’t heard.

Well, take your mind off your troubles, and indulge yourself in the Memorial Health Center’s sensory relaxation, led by Theresa Jackson and Kerri Tom.

The session will be held today from noon to 1 p.m. in the Health Center, room 205.

Relaxation has been shown to improve concentration levels, help one sleep better, decrease minor illnesses and symptoms of illness as well as increasing sociability, as well as having many other benefits.

As an added bonus, you might fall asleep, and Ed Board agrees, naps are fantastic.

Improving concentration is always a good idea, especially now, with the close of the semester almost upon us, bringing with it finals anxiety and late nights at the library.

Every college student needs to sleep better, it might make up for all the hours that we miss. Quality over quantity right?

Relaxation has been said to decrease minor illnesses and the symptoms associated with them. So if you’re feeling under the weather, this might be just the thing for you.

Please take note though, relaxation will not take care of whatever it was you got over spring break. However, since you’re in the health center anyway, you could stop by and get diagnosed.

SMU students seem to be relatively sociable as is, but hey, a person could always be more sociable. Another popular method for increasing sociability is downing a six-pack.

Relaxation is certainly healthier, and less fattening.

All kidding aside, SMU students would do well to take some time out of their busy schedules to indulge in some school-sponsored sensory relaxation.

With the days that we have been having lately, going to class rather than laying out on the quad might be a challenge.

However, getting relaxed might make those Wednesday afternoon classes go a little faster. So take some time, go by the Health Center, kick back and relax.

If you can’t make it, Ed Board suggests holding your own sensory relaxation experience in your residence hall or apartment.

Put on some music, lay back and get relaxed.