The Massacre not worth hype

The Massacre not worth hype
The Massacre not worth hype

The Massacre not worth hype

The Massacre is 50 Cent’s second album released on the Shady Aftermath label. It has a much slower pace than Get Rich or Die Tryin’. There aren’t any tracks that grab your attention right away. The album often resembles gangsta rap of the mid 90s.

It isn’t similar to the more current hip-hop fad.

“Disco Inferno” and “Candy Shop” are playing on the radio and rightly so, because they are by far the hottest tracks on the album. They still don’t compare to hits 50 released from his last album. “In da Club” and “21 Questions” were anthems in the club all over the country.

“How We Do” is another hot track but it isn’t on 50’s album. It’s on Game’s album and according to an interview given on Hot 97, The Game’s been kicked out of the G-Unit rap group.

The song “How We Do” is part of the reason 50 has three songs in the Top 5 of the Billboard Hot 100. “How We Do,” “Candy Shop” and “Disco Inferno” are all songs that 50 raps on. 50 Cent is the first artist to have three of the Top 5 songs on this chart in Billboard chart history. I’m not sure how many of the other songs from The Massacre will make it into the Top 5.

The Massacre is definitely a diss album. 50 Cent disses Fat Joe, Vivica Fox, Nas, Ashanti, Jadakiss, Irv Gotti and West Coast music in general. Next time, 50 should spend more time on original lyrics and content rather than dissing his contemporaries.

The Massacre not worth hype