A look ahead: Athletics prepare for full schedule

It’s tournament time for SMU basketball. After closing their season with a win against UTEP, the men’s basketball team will take on Marshall March 7 in the first round of the Conference USA Championship tournament in Memphis, Tenn. Meanwhile, the women’s team is also facing Marshall March 7 in the first round of the Conference USA Championship.

Track and field will close their indoor season from March 9 to March 12 when they begin their competition in the NCAA Indoor Championships. Following this, the outdoor season will begin with the TCU Horned Frog invitational on March 15.

Men and women’s golf are both in the beginning stages of their spring seasons.

The women’s team will next compete in the Clover Cup in Mesa, Ariz. The men’s team will start the Louisiana Classic in Lafayette March 5.

Men and women’s tennis continue their spring season as well.

The men’s next tennis match will be against Toledo at home on March 10. After playing Princeton on March 4, the women will play at the University of Texas on March 10.

The swimming and diving teams continue their impressive seasons March 9 with the NCAA Zone Diving Championships for men on and the USA Grand Prix for the women. Both the men and women’s teams competed in the Conference USA Championships two weeks ago, and both teams came out with first place finishes.

The Equestrian team will continue their season with a competition against the University of Georgia on March 9.

The Rowing team will also be competing on the March 9 in the Oklahoma Invitational.

SMU has only one year left in the C-USA after spring seasons end before the move to Big East play, so SMU will be looking to leave it’s mark with successful seasons in all sports with the time they have left in the conference.