CBS and Fox Sports star SMU football

FoxSports Southwest and CBS Sports Network débuted its new show starring SMU’s football program Tuesday at 6 p.m.

In series of 30-minute shows, the new program entitled “SMU Football 2011: The Stampede,” will give viewers a first-hand look at Mustang practices, team meetings, and will feature the Hilltop’s campus.

The Mustang-featured show will be aired regionally as well as nationally according to agreements between FoxSports Southewest and CBS Sports.

The HD show airs on FoxSports Southwest on Tuesdays at 6 p.m. central.

CBS Sports Network will be starting the show on Aug. 31 at 8:30 p.m. central.

CBS sports will also be airing two more primetime replays during the week and an additionl eight re-airs in other time slots.

To catch the Ponies on the big screen, readers should check their local listings.

The regional sports network Fox Sports Southwest Network and CBS Sports Network are available in 98 million homes.

Major providers include Cablevision, Charter Communications, Comcast Cable, Cox Communications, DIRECTV, Dish Network, Insight Communications, Mediacom, Time Warner Cable, and Verizon FIOS.

The Fox Sports Southwest will reach over 10 million households including: Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Arkansas.

It is the cable home for the Dallas Mavericks (NBA), Dallas Stars (NHL), Texas Rangers (MLB), FC Dallas (MLS) and San Antonio Spurs (NBA).

Holden Production Group, one of the nation’s leaders of sports documentaries is the producer for the new show, “The Stampede.”

Two-time Sports Emmy award winner Mickey Holden and Tim Johnson are the executive producers.

In 2010, Mustang football was televised on ESPN’s “30 for 30: Pony Excess” story.

This show focused on SMU football in the 1980’s and the death penalty.

That same year, SMU Mustang football was featured on a show titled, “The Climb.” It featured SMU Coach June Jones and provided behind-the-scenes look at college football.