Police search for missing former student

Former SMU student Sebastian Smith is still missing, after first being reported on Dec.22. Dallas Police are leading the investigation.

Smith, a student at SMU until the end of the Fall 2008 semester, was last seen on Dec. 22, when he told his mother he was driving from his Dallas home to SMU to check his grades before going to work. SMU was closed in observance of the Christmas holiday at the time, and he never reported to work.

Smith is 5-feet, 8-inces tall and weighs 250 pounds. He drives a 2007 black Toyota Yaris with Texas license plate number 270-PWP

Senior Corporal Kevin Janse of the Dallas Police Department said that Smith is classified as a need-to-find individual. He attributed some difficulty to the case Smith did not bring his cell phone with him and has not used any credit cards since originally disappearing.

Janse said the Police have no reason to suspect any wrongdoing at this point; however, their “number one goal” is to “see him safely returned to his friends and family.”.

The faculty at SMU is concerned and wants to see his safe return as well.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Sebastian’s family,” Dean of Student Life Lisa Webb said. “We are concerned about his well being and ask that anyone with knowledge of his whereabouts contact the Dallas Police Department.”

Officials urge that if you have any information about Smith or have seen his vehicle, please contact the SMU Police Department at 214-768-3388.