We recommend Obama for president

Barack Obama wins majority vote among The Daily Campus staff

With the United States in complete disarray, we need a leader who can carry this country out of debt, bring our troops back home safely and install change and hope throughout our nation. After tolerating Bush in office for eight years, it is time for a change in our great nation, and we believe there is no one better qualified for the job than Sen. Barack Obama.

Obama has some great qualities that we feel John McCain simply lacks. For example, Obama’s speaking skills far surpass McCain’s public speaking persona. We have gone through eight years of a president that causes even the least educated to cringe. McCain isn’t a terrible orator; he’s just a bit awkward, and frankly getting too easy to target jokes at. Besides, it’s high time we redeem ourselves for the near-decade of grammatical manslaughter. Republicans and Democrats alike can agree that Obama is an incredible speaker. His rallies are like rock concerts, and can attract not just the veteran voters, but he can rock the young vote as well.

We like the fact that Obama plans on spending money in the U.S. rather than in Iraq. There are enough problems with our country that we feel our efforts should be focused at home. Not to say he is completely ignoring the war in Iraq, he just has a much more sensible agenda than McCain. We want our family and friends out of Iraq just as much as the next person, and Obama is one step closer to accomplishing this task. We feel Obama’s budget is well distributed between needs abroad and those in the U.S, while McCain lacks in his overall objective.

Let’s get to the Sarah Palin aspect. If McCain were to, God forbid, die while in office, Sarah Palin would be handed the reigns. We find this downright frightening. She simply does not have the experience to lead the United States of America, and many fear her lack of knowledge regarding foreign affairs and distorted views about foreign policy would spell disaster for the U.S. At least Biden would know where to begin in case of an emergency.

And just to touch on the embarrassment Bush caused with his shaky hold on the English language, imagine the howls of laughter emanating from the across the globe when they hear Palin’s accent.

In our opinion, Obama is the best choice for president because he puts a positive face to America. He is well liked abroad, and that’s a nice change from the past eight years.