Bellaver promotes first book, humor

Former campus writer pleased

Former Daily Campus satirical columnist and SMU alumnus (Class of 2004) Guy Bellaver recently decided to get himself organized, or at least his ideas from his weekly works from the past four years. Mainly recognized by his weekly column entitled “Guy Talk,” Bellaver recently published his first book, Dumb it Down, Now I’m Really Talking.

“The idea for the book came from positive feedback from my column,” Bellaver said. “I started writing last April and finished in early October — the editing and publishing process then took until March and I received my first copy of the book the 3rd week in March.”

The 160-page book uses a similar humorous format to Bellaver’s “Guy Talk” column, and combines that with serious segments at the end of each section. “Each year in school has multiple segments which I feel affected my lifestyle. In the end I just hoped to make people smile. In doing so I wanted to people to realize how simple life can be when just break it down,” Bellaver said. He added that he thought the new book could be a great tool to high school juniors and seniors as well as first-years and sophomores who haven’t yet found a direction in school.

Bellaver will be signing copies of Dumb it Down tonight at the SMU Barnes & Noble bookstore.