Convenient cash on campus

SMU provides resources for student employment

Face it guys, you’ve got a hot date next weekend, but youhad to have the 10-inch-thick futon pad instead of the six-inch.And ladies, be honest, your dad’s not going to send you moremoney after he sees the bill for theI-just-had-to-have-them-because-they-match Burberry purse andshoes.

You’re broke. In fact, many of us are, and with theexpenses of a new school year piling up, it’s time to takematters into your own hands. It’s time to get a job.

But where do you start down the path to financial freedom (or atleast some extra spending money)? Many students turn to on-campusemployment.

“Students have many reasons for getting a job, mostly justto get money for spending on a nice meal once a week, a video… just money to have so they can do something fun while incollege,” Hughes-Trigg business manager David Haydensaid.

Hughes-Trigg Student Center employs approximately 50 to 60student workers per semester. Student office assistant, Mane Deskattendant and audio/video technician are some of the positionsavailable at the student center. Students working in thesepositions either filled out an application at the Mane Desk, orsearched online, where all on-campus student employment islisted.

By following a few simple links on SMU’s main site,www.smu.edu, students can search for jobs posted on SMU’s jobdatabase, MustangTrak.com. The Web site is connected toMonster.com, a nationwide job search site.