Moody Foundation donates $20 million for the renovation, expansion of Moody Coliseum

SMU

(SMU)

The Moody Foundation has given SMU $20 million for the expansion and renovation of Moody Coliseum.

Plans for the renovation include adding premium and courtside seating, new video boards, scoreboards, sound system, broadcast capabilities, upgraded offices, upgraded locker rooms, upgraded restrooms and a heating and cooling system.

The total cost of the project is estimated at $40 million. SMU says in its press release that additional donors will be sought to fill the gap.

“The Foundation is delighted to be continuing its special relationship with SMU,” Frances Anne Moody-Dahlberg (‘91) said, adding, “and we are especially pleased to be a part of the university’s new vision for Moody Coliseum.”

SMU has not yet determined a construction start date, but has begun the planning and design phase.

“The renovation of Moody Coliseum will enhance a valuable resource that serves as a gathering place convenient to the entire region,” Dr. Turner said. “Programs ranging from academic ceremonies to George W. Bush Presidential Center offerings to athletic events will attract tens of thousands to SMU. We are grateful to the Foundation.”