Feel the fusion of fitness in the design district

Courtesy of Fusion Fitness Dallas
Fitness Fusion is located off of Oak Lawn in the Dallas Design District on 1430 Dragon Street in the Trinity Lofts Suite 19.

Fitness Fusion is located off of Oak Lawn in the Dallas Design District on 1430 Dragon Street in the Trinity Lofts Suite 19. (Courtesy of Fusion Fitness Dallas)

Do you do the same boring cardio workout day after day?

If you are looking for a way to break out of your normal routine or you just want to add a little spice to your workouts, Fusion Fitness might be the perfect solution.

Founder of Fusion Fitness Lander Peerman created this unique workout, which combines speed, strength and stretching all in one hour long class.

Peerman has always been an active person and interested in health and fitness.

After graduating from the University of Texas, she became involved in a women’s fitness program in Austin.

“I loved the concept of women’s group fitness and focusing on small group training,” she said.

When Peerman moved to Dallas, she did not have any luck finding a similar workout.

“I wanted to burn tons of calories with a cardio routine but also stay toned and lean with resistance training and pilates core training,” she said.

“Not surprisingly, Fusion Fitness was born shortly after.”

Sorry guys, but this class is for girls only.

You will do everything from a fast-paced, interval based cardio routine to strength exercises for toning along with ab moves to tighten your core.

Interval training is designed to amp your heart rate up through short bursts of high intensity movements and then slowing it back down.

Fusion Fitness focuses on interval training in both the cardio and weights sequences because it creates a maximum calorie burn throughout class.

Resistance training sculpts your body through a series of strength exercises.

This is what allows your body to continue burning hundreds of calories after class because it is building and repairing the muscles that were used throughout.

“It is not uncommon for participants to burn anywhere from 500 to 800 calories in one 60 minute class,” Peerman said. “And many more after they leave.”

All of this talk about intervals and strength training may have you feeling exhausted already.

However, don’t fret if you are not in tip-top shape.

One of the best parts about this class is that anyone can do it.

You are able to control your own inclines and speeds on the treadmill so you can decide what works for you depending on your personal fitness level.

Additionally, because there is a maximum of ten women per class, “we are able to provide a small group training atmosphere that allows every participant to be focused on individually by the trainer,” she said.

To ensure you see maximum results from the class Peerman suggests a diet rich in lean proteins, complex carbs and a lot of fruits and vegetables.

While she recognizes that each person’s diet is specific to their own bodies, “limiting fast food, alcohol, sweets and foods high in saturated never hurt anyone’s waistline.”

Do you want see what the fusion is all about?

Don’t forget to ask about the student discounts.

“All you need to bring for your first class is a sweat towel and a positive, energetic attitude and you will have no problem fitting into the Fusion Fitness family,” Peerman said.