This is life, these precious moments

+This+is+life%2C+these+precious+moments
This is life, these precious moments

This is life, these precious moments

This is life.

Waking up from a dream right before you reach its conclusion. Frantically trying to fall back asleep hoping you pick up where you were before you were so rudely interrupted by the alarm clock. Finally waking up without any resolution to your dream. It happens to me, and I know it happens to you.

Walking into the bathroom to wash up. Hitting what you think is the light switch but you turn on the fan instead. This isn’t the first time you have done this. You wonder why after going into the bathroom thousands of times, you can’t consciously remember which switch is the fan and which switch is the light. An unexplainable phenomenon.

This is life.

Brushing your teeth while you are running late. Wiping your face, not knowing there is a little toothpaste still on the side of your mouth. Two hours later you glance in the mirror and see the dried up toothpaste. You wonder how many people noticed and why no one pointed it out, instead of letting you walk around like a moron for a while.

Having an 18 pack of beer in your fridge. Getting a call from your friends asking you if you want to hit up a bar. Spending $3.50 per beer in a crowded bar. Getting home with no money, an ATM receipt which will haunt you when you need to buy groceries and a fridge full of free beer.

This is life.

Buying a movie you have not seen in ages. Watching the movie that night, going to bed, only to wake up and see that same movie being played on TNT three times the next day. Wondering why TNT plays the same damn movie throughout the course of a weekend. Asking yourself how The Mummy made any money at the box office and how Brendan Fraser still gets leading roles. Having a flashback of watching Encino Man as you start to foam at the mouth.

This is life.

Trying not to let your procrastinating evil twin talk you into missing the first day of class because, “you don’t do anything the first day except get a syllabus, they don’t even take attendance.” Knowing that if your parents could hear the inner dialogue you are having they would take your ass out of school and smile as you pumped gas for the next year. Having your procrastinating evil twin tell you, “pumping gas wouldn’t be that bad.” Wishing you didn’t have that damn evil twin.

This is life.

Waiting until you’re fresh out of clothes to do laundry. Spending half the day washing and folding clothes. Having a brief feeling of having all your clothes clean and hanging up, then realizing the clothes that you’re wearing are dirty. Realizing the only way to do all your laundry is to do it naked. Knowing that is not a feasible possibility.

This is life.

Buying $350 worth of school books. Knowing you will only read a third of them, summoning the rest of them to a dusty corner in your apartment where you will forget about them. Having the bookstore tell you they aren’t buying back most of your books, receiving $45 for the books they do buy. Feeling like you have been raped by the bookstore.

This is life.

Listening to overpaid baseball players complain and threaten to strike. Knowing the Red Sox will never win a World Series. Watching the American past time become public enemy No. 1. Wishing I could just have the opportunity to play a nine inning game with my friends on a big league ballpark. Becoming sick from the excessive greed shown by players and owners alike. Happy football season is about to start.

This is life.

Sharing moments that we take for granted. Being able to read something by someone you don’t even know and say, “I know exactly what he is talking about.” An unspoken connection between two people. Knowing that you’re not alone in your experiences.

This is life.