Medhi election still tabled in Student Senate

At this week’s Student Senate meeting Pi Kappa Alpha representative David Messner invited everyone to the fraternity’s Phillies and 40s party on Nov. 29. The event begins at 10 p.m. at Club Cirque on Main St. and will host Project Pat of Three Six Mafia, The HollyHood Hustlers from Adventures in HollyHood and of the Hypnotize Minds Camp ‘Lil Wyte, and Frazier Boy. Tickets are $20 and proceeds will go to Partners In Health, an organization that provides health care to the poor in Rwanda.

Shawheen Molavi from the Asian Council read senators a letter from Asian Council Chair Daniel Liu in which Liu said he believed Shakeel Mehdi to be a wonderful asset to the Asian American community and that he is extremely dedicated to representing his constituents and asked senate to elect him as the Asian American senator. However, the senate passed a motion to uphold the membership committee’s recommendation to table the decision to elect Mehdi.

This is the second time Mehdi has applied for the seat and the second time the decision to elect him has been tabled.

The senate gave a positive recommendation to Saudi Student Organization and League of United Latin American Citizens organization.

The senate passed a motion to fund $1,576 for the Meadows annual Sharpe Show that will take place in January 2008.