Team Blackberry SMU hosts party

Team Blackberry SMU hosts party

Team Blackberry is hosting their BlackBerry Red Light party Saturday.

The idea behind the name is to incorporate the red light that blinks at the top of the handheld device to signify a notification.

Team BlackBerry SMU established its presence on campus in August.

The team, which is comprised of eight SMU students, is similar to the Mac User Group on campus, but it is geared toward BlackBerry users instead.

The group intends to help BlackBerry users with any questions they have about the device, along with provide updates with new information or products that BlackBerry launches.

More importantly, Team Blackberry SMU wants to keep users updated on the latest upgrades available, while providing student users a way to connect with other BlackBerry users.

The catch to the event is that the details are being kept secret unless BlackBerry users add TeamBlackBerry to his or her BBM group.

If you’d rather not go through the trouble of adding them to your BBM group, the QR code below allows users to scan it and instantly become a part of the group to receive updates.

“There is a special guest that will be at the event, but you’ll have to show up to see who it is,” Team BlackBerry representative Conner Sherline, Team BlackBerry representative, said.

Even more reason to join the group is that they’re giving away free paraphernalia, including $10 gift cards to Starbucks, BlackBerry mugs, yoga mats and more. The 30th member to join the BBM group will receive a $25 gift card to Starbucks.