Phi Delt Casino benefits charity

The Phi Delta Theta fraternity will host its 32nd annual Casino event Saturday at the Adam’s Mark Hotel in downtown Dallas.

The money raised at this year’s event, minus the party’s finances, will go directly to the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas.

“We are so excited to be working with the Phi Delts,” said Courtney McClain Ronald McDonald House Director of Development. “With this money, we will be able to continue to provide meals, transportation to and from the hospital, arrange activities for siblings and offer support for everyone going through hard times.”

The Ronald McDonald House serves as a home away from home for families who have traveled to the Metroplex to receive life-saving medical care. The house funds and supports the families for the duration of the treatment.

“Last year we donated between $20,000 and $30,000 to the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center,” said Beau Brooks Phi Delta Theta casino chair. “There will be between 800 and 1,100 people attending Saturday’s event. We hope to raise at least $30,000 for the Ronald McDonald House.”

Tickets are available until Friday afternoon and can be purchased at the tables outside of Hughes-Trigg between Clements Hall. Singles tickets are $75 for individuals and $150 for couples. A group table can be reserved for $1,200. Tickets are also available at the door, payable in cash.

The black-tie festivities begin at 8 p.m. and run as late as 2 a.m., Sunday morning.

The hotel’s Loan Star Ballroom will be transformed to provide partygoers a blend of food, music, dancing and fun.

Attendees can gamble, win prizes and listen to country bands such as Harris and Ryden and Grand Torino. People who enjoy gambling can try their hands at craps, blackjack, poker and roulette.

The money won in those games can be used to win prizes such as: snowboards, wakeboards, a 61-inch television, a home theater center and a laptop computer.

As the fraternity’s only philanthropy this school year, the Phi Delts want to maintain the extravagant traditions of years past, keep friends and family coming back and help create interest for perspective students.

“People know what to expect from the traditions,” said Bart Barrett Phi Delt philanthropy chairman. “It’s a very lavish event, and people expect it to be entertaining and fun.”

While Phi Delta Theta extends an invitation to the entire student body, the Casino event isn’t just for students. Family, friends and out-of-town patrons are expected to attend the event, as well.

“Everyone loves an excuse to get dressed up and win cool prizes,” said Ashley Huddleson Pi Beta Phi philanthropy chair. “It makes it even better that the event is for charity.”