Weekend Preview

No matter what your favorite SMU sport is, you can probably find something to attend this weekend.

The men’s tennis team is playing Lamar today at 2 p.m. If it beats Lamar, that will give the men a 3-0 record going into their Saturday match, scheduled for 3 p.m. against Bradley.

The men’s basketball team is taking on Southern Mississippi Saturday at 7 p.m. in Moody. If the Mustangs can post a win, it will give them a much-needed boost in their C-USA standings. They are currently 2-4 in conference play.

Before heading over to Moody, stop by the tennis courts at 2 p.m. to watch the women’s tennis team battle Arizona. The women are on a roll this season, falling only to Baylor in their season opener.

The No. 20 men’s swim team will be competing against Texas at 7 p.m. Saturday. The team blew Texas A&M out of the water, literally, beating them 124-81 last week.

If you need to watch more of a contact sport, however, the rugby team is playing metroplex rival TCU at 2 p.m. Saturday.

Monday night, the women’s basketball team is playing Southern Mississippi at Moody.

“This game is crucial because if we beat them, we won’t be tied for second anymore, we’ll have second place all to ourselves,” junior forward Katie Gross said. “We have to come and play together to win this game.”